Sunday, March 4, 2018

EARTHQUAKE ALERT

HELLO EVERYONE YES YOU HEARD ME SERIOUSLY WE FELT AN EARTHQUAKE LIKE AN HOUR AGO OK OUR WHOLE APT SHOOK WHILE WE WERE DOING PERSONAL STUDY

AND WE WERE SHOOK 

Yes so we were just quietly studying and our apt started shaking and we were like WHOA and ok I’m probably making it a big deal but it lasted like 5 ish seconds and it was kinda scary! We thought maybe people were wrestling downstairs or maybe a car crashed into our our apt building? Realistic I know. But then we texted the Santa Rosa sisters and they were like WE FELT IT TOO and they are like 10 miles away so we were all WHAAAAT and then we freaked out for a good ten minutes, pretty sure Sister Tomisin peed her pants while laughing and crying at the same time (HILARIOUS), and now we are fine just sitting here and calmly emailing. So it’s been a fun morning. We also went to Winco this morning so that was lovely. 

Ok anyway hello! It has been another great week! On Tuesday we had ZONE CONFERENCE! President Dixon gave an awesome training on Joseph Smith and the Restoration and basically we are all PUMPED to go out and unapologetically testify that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. I know that he is! Also I got to see Sister Vest there so that was sweet. I have pictures of course. 

Also basically I love Sister Tomisin she is so hilarious I want you all to meet her ok

Oh yeah and last week we went to the fair with the Griffins! IT WAS SO FUN and guess what, the Griffins paid for us to go on some rides! Best pday ever! Never thought I would go on rides on my mission but hey it was so much fun. 

Also this week i went on exchanges with Sister Trussell! So that was fun. Also yesterday Ashley came to church again! She is seriously the cutest, she reminds me of my sister Gracie.  We had an POWERFUL lesson yesterday with Ashley and Pauline about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pauline testified so strongly that she knows this is all true, and we were all crying, and we all basically took turns testifying and then we asked Ashley if she wants to be baptized and she said yes! We don’t have a date yet because we are waiting on approval from Ashley’s mom. So please if you could, pray for Ashley and pray that her moms heart will be softened! Her moms named is Maritess. Thank you! 

Also yesterday we met with the Bishop and our Ward Mission Leader and we had a REVELATORY meeting about our ward mission plan. It was so cool, we were all counseling together and receiving revelation for what the ward needed and how we could help and we were just bouncing off each other with ideas. Seriously, the Spirit of God is so real and the Church is true everybody. Also Sister Tomisin and I are speaking in sacrament meeting in two weeks on member missionary work and I am SO EXCITED.

While we are on the topic of member missionary work, I read a talk this past week called “Ask in Faith” by Elder Bednar from the April 2008 general Conference. I invite you all to read it, it talks a lot about prayer and how we can improve our prayers and ask in faith. One thing he talks about is how often as members we will pray for the missionaries but then we won’t go out and do missionary work ourselves. My favorite thing that he said was “missionaries are the full time teachers, and you and I [members] are the full time finders.” I just absolutely LOVE that quote. It’s true, we as missionaries are here to do the teaching, but we are most successful in finding when the MEMBERS are on fire about missionary work. A quote from the missionary dept went something like this: “If you want to find people to teach, go knock on doors. If you want to find people to baptize, go work with members.” The most solid investigators ive had on my mission have come from members. I invite you each to pray for missionary experiences this week, and to ACT when you receive a prompting from the Holy Ghost. This may not mean that you give someone a Book Of Mormon this week or invite someone to meet with the missionaries, but it DOES mean that you could naturally bring up the gospel in a conversation, share something uplifting on social media, etc etc. it’s the simple things! I know this is the greatest work on the earth, and it is a privilege and blessing to participate in it. 

Ok I hope you all have a wonderful week! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

mwah 


Sister Carina Brown 
California Redlands Mission 


Fair pics, zone conference, etc









Wrong scripture reference but cute pic someone drew 





No comments:

Post a Comment