Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Road Trip to the Nudist Colony

Good morrrrrrniiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will probably be afternoon by the time I send this.

Hello. How's it going?? Things are going so well here in Redlands. This is probably my last week here so I am cherishing EVERY MOMENT and EVERY beautiful palm tree. 

Today for p-day we have some funnn things planned! We are taking a self-defense class (taught by a retired law enforcement guy in our ward) with some other sister missionaries, going to Deseret Book (WE HAVE A DESERET BOOK HERE NOW YESSS CAN I GET A YAHOO), and then we are going to the Biberstons with other sister missionaries to sing karaoke and have a BBQ and just have a good time. 

Oh yeah, so the subject line explanation! There is a nudist colony on the OUTSKIRTS of our area, and we got a referral for a man that lives there and wants to come to church (he has come to church in the past, just not our ward). There is no way for us to get there except by going outside the mission (NOT THAT WE WOULD EVER GO TO A NUDIST COLONY ANYWAYS), but we have been working closely with President Dixon to figure out what to do with the situation. Mostly I just thought it would be a funny subject line. Yup, 100% click bait. 

LINDA IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so exciting. She is so ready and things are going well with her! I will definitely send pictures of that next week! 

Okay so TRANSFERS ARE NEXT WEEK. (Sorry I'm using a lot of caps lock in this email, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST LEAVE IT ON FOR THE REST OF THE EMAIL nope changed my mind) anyways, transfers are next week. I know I'm leaving, I just don't know where to or who with. So I could go annnyyywherrrrrrrrrrre which is scary. Dream areas? Probably Crestline (cute little mountain town) or any other area in Redlands. Honestly though I would be just fine with staying in the Smiley ward for the rest of my mission, I wouldn't even be mad. But of course that won't happen. Stay tuned. I will probably be super anxious on sunday when we find out. 

What else has happened this week? Oh! Its funny, sometimes members will ask me about my major/hobbies before my mission and usually the fact that i have a vlog channel will come up in the conversation. So a lot of members have been looking up my vlogs this past week and its just really funny! One girl in the ward, Grace, was like "i watched all your vlogs the other day, so funny" so anyways its just been funny for people to find out about that. One member of the ward has a hilarious son who loves dinosaurs, so i'm going to visit the mission later in life and make a vlog with him in it. I will send a video of his "dinosaur museum tour". 

I was reading a conference talk this past week called "Stay by the Tree" by Elder Pearson of the seventy (April 2015) (10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND) (so good read it ok) and he just talked about the Tree of Life vision in 1 Nephi 8 and chronologically went through talking about how we can apply it in our lives. There was a really great quote from it that said, "If enduring to the end is essential to eternal life, why do we struggle to be faithful? We struggle when we are caught between competing priorities. Casual obedience and lukewarm commitment weaken faith. Enduring to the end requires total commitment to the Savior and to our covenants."

I loooove that quote! Its so important for us to be committed to the Savior and to the covenants that we make with him. Thats the only way to receive eternal life, which is the GREATEST of all the gifts God has to offer. Being happy with our famillies for eternity is desirable above all other things, we just have to remember that, even when it gets hard. Remember that it takes baby steps and we just have to focus on having faith and repenting every day. We can do it! i invite you all to increase your commitment to the Savior this week by eliminating something from your life that is not in harmony with God's will. You will feel more joy, and you will be on the path to eternal life! 

Ok have a great week, sorry i don't have tons of pics this week, but I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

love, 
Sister Brown







No comments:

Post a Comment