Saturday, September 2, 2017

Palm Springs Weekend 🌡🌡🌡

Those of you who have watched Saved by the Bell will understand that subject line.

WE WENT TO PALM SPRINGS TODAY AND IT WAS AMAAAAAZING, the Andersons (senior missionaries) paid for us and the 29 palms sisters to go on the Palm Springs tram and it was SO FUN. I have about a million pics of it so get ready. Palm Springs is in the Yucca Valley zone by the way, so we can go there on p days!!!

HI.
WHAT A WEEK!

First of all, THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes!!! It was a great day. Also I felt like I had already been celebrating my bday for a week because the Smiley Ward was taking care of me so much. My birthday was so pleasant, like there was nothing else I would rather be doing than missionary work on my birthday. What a blessing!

Oh my goodness I have so much to talk about and I don't even know where to begin. How about here: I LOVE MY MISSION. Wowowowowwwwwww I love it.

SO I'm in the desert!!!! Leaving smiley was tough. WAY tough. There were definitely tears galore. It was sad. I'm going to miss everyone there sooooo so much. It's EXCITING though to be in a completely different part of the mission! The desert reminds me of southern Utah, like Zions and St. George. It's soooo beautiful and serene here. THE STARS ARE INCREDIBLE. 10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND. I love it here.

So, our area is reeeeally big! We cover three cities, Yucca (pronounced yuck-uh) Valley, Morongo Valley, and Joshua Tree (home of Joshua Tree National Park and also rumor has it that Johnny Depp has a house in Joshua tree). We live in Yucca Valley. Our teaching pool is pretty small right now, but I'm excited because it means that I'm going to see the desert blossom right before my eyes! I know that there are prepared people in our area, we just have to work really hard to find them, and we will. I'm soooo excited! Fan the flame of FAITH. President said he was thinking about taking sisters out of this area, but he said he would give it one more try with me leading out, because this area needed fresh eyes. No pressure. Really though, it's going to be great, stay tuned.

We saw an alpaca on our morning run today. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

FUNNY STORY:
We were having dinner with a member last week, and we had bread so the member went to go grab the butter. So we are all using the butter on our bread, and I'm thinking, "this butter is really sweet. Also it's melting really fast." But then I thought nothing of it. Eventually sister Blalock pointed it out and goes, "is this ice cream?" AND YES IT TURNS OUT THAT THE BUTTER WAS IN FACT ICE CREAM HAHAHAHA IT WAS SO FUNNY, we laughed so hard. Good times.

Oh yeah, Sister Blalock is my new companion!!! We get along really well, which kind of surprises me because we are sooooo different. But things are going great with her! She is going home at the end of this transfer, so I'm doing my best to make sure she has her best transfer yet.

Also, forgot to mention this last week, but I'm going to be an STL this transfer! It's cute because I'm going to be an STL with Sister Anglovich (she's serving in 29 palms), and at the beginning of our missions, both of our companions were STLs in Fontana. So that's going to be fun.

We had stake conference yesterday and alllll the talks were about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon EVERY DAY. It is the keystone of our religion, and it needs to be the keystone of our testimonies as well, otherwise everything else will crumble. I have made a goal on my mission to never miss a day of reading the Book of Mormon for the rest of my life, and I invite you each to do the same! I know that it's TRUE, and as Joseph Smith said, it will bring us nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. Because it is all truth, and truth is light, and Jesus Christ is that light. I know that Jesus Christ LIVES. He is a reality, he has a body just like we do, and so does our Heavenly Father, and they both live. They love us. They want us to come home. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been RESTORED. I know these things with all my heart, with everything that I am.

You are all amazing, keep pressing forward, keep coming closer to Christ, keep reading the BOM every day, and you WILL see miracles! Have an AMAZING week!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

❤️❤️❤️πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸ”†πŸ”†πŸ”†

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org

Goodbyes in Smiley Pics










PALM SPRINGS PICS
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment