Monday, November 13, 2017

miracles have not ceased πŸ”₯

HELLO 

I have no time to write this email but SO MUCH happened this week and it was just an AMAZING WEEK! 

Highlight reel: 
- halloween on Tuesday was SO FUN we went to the ward trunk or treat and handed our candy with pass along cards on them and it was just a blast! Tons of non members came through and we just had so much fun! 

- MLC on Thursday where we talked a lot about being a Christ centered mission and it was WONDERFUL 

- on Saturday Brother Gonzalez from the Missionary Dept in Salt Lake came out with us for the day! It was AMAZING we seriously learned soooo much from him. He Skyped into our daily planning, our companion study, and then Skyped in to a lesson we had with our investigator Gabby who we put ON DATE FOR BAPTISM in December! Miracles! We love Gabby, she is awesome. Then Brother Gonzalez came out proselyting with us for a few hours and it was great. We asked him a lot of questions and he helped us with our finding approaches and gave us lots of great suggestions. It was an amazing opportunity to have him with us! 

- yesterday we found TWO new solid investigators! Names are Valerie and her daughter Abby, they are so awesome and said they would come to church on Sunday! They were formers in our area Book. They live in the outskirts of Joshua Tree (hippie land). It was so cool! 

I received a halloween package from my family this week (THANK YOU) and my 10 year old sister Gracie included a card in there that said “have a nice day today. Be happy. Be grateful” and it was just something I reeeally needed to hear that day! It’s so easy to make life so complicated and to be dramatic about things, but it was so nice to have a simple reminder from Gracie that being happy is a CHOICE, and we can choose to be happy every day. Gracie’s words reminded me of a scripture, Alma 26:37, which says:

“God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever.”

God loves us! He has a plan for us! He wants us to be happy! To experience joy is literally the purpose of this life. I invite you all to CHOOSE to be happy every day this week, no matter what may happen or what trials may come your way. I know that you will feel Gods love for you and that you will notice His fingerprints in your life! 

Well I hope you all have a great week! I have lots of pictures because a member took us to Joshua Tree National Park today. SO FUN. love you all!!! 



Sister Carina Brown 
























No comments:

Post a Comment