Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Feeling grateful and cold

HELLO! 
Happy week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday

It is pretty cold here, like 60 degrees. I know, chilly. I just bought some tights today because I CANT HANDLE THE “COLD” seriously I am wimp now when it comes to the weather 
I’ve mentioned that before haven’t I?

How are you all?? This week was honestly a blur, I can’t remember what happened. No rat in our car so that’s good. 

We found a solid new investigator on Thursday! Her name is Daisy and she is 15 years old, and she has been taught all the lessons before. She is so sweet and really wants the gospel in her life! I will keep you updated on how that goes. 

Oh one time this week we had to go to the gas station and fill our tires with air, and we had no idea what we were doing and Sister McNary picked up some sort of hose thinking it had air but then she ended up spraying me with water 

Good times 

I am grateful for Sister McNary she is so funny, she is saying funny things to me right now and it’s hard to get through this mass email because I am laughing 

Anyway lots of miracles happened this past Saturday, we brought a 20 year old recent convert named Amber with us to go proselyting, and everyone we talked to was SUPER nice and had long conversations with us! Usually people are kinda mean and slam doors in our faces but that didn’t even happen once. So cool.

Another great miracle: we were going to stop by a members house of the area we were in, but we were needing to head to our dinner soon. We decided to stop by anyway. So we knock on the door and the member answered and was in tears. She said a close friend of hers had passed away and she just found out about it minutes before we got there. She invited us in anyway though! We were able to share Matthew 11:28-30 with her and she told us it really lifted her spirits. Definitely a miracle. 

I love that scripture in Matthew, because it shows us how we can find real “rest”. There are so many things in this world that claim they will give you “rest”, but real peace and rest in life will only come from following our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the one who will lift our burdens and bring us peace even when life gets really difficult. I invite you each to set a goal this week of how you can come closer to the savior and feel more of his rest. I know that He lives, and that He is there to lift you up whenever you are down. Of all the things I am grateful for, #1 will always be Jesus Christ. 

I hope you all have an amaaaazing week full of gratitude and love and Black Friday shopping of course. There is a good chance we will be having 3 thanksgiving dinners this Thursday so please pray for me and my stomach. I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Sister Carina Brown 
California Redlands Mission 













No comments:

Post a Comment