Saturday, December 2, 2017

“Let your soul delight in fatness”

HELLO EVERYONE 

How were your thanksgivings?? We only ended up having two dinners, so I got really full, but not like “can’t move” full so it’s all good. The food was delicious and the members were soooo nice and sent us home with leftovers, it was so nice. I hope you were all able to “let your soul delight in fatness” as it says in 2 Nephi 9:51

Also, I found a scripture this week that explains why we gain weight on our missions! It is Proverbs 28:25 and it says:

“He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be made fat.”

So basically we put our trust in a God so much on our missions that we are “made fat”. Mystery solved! Case closed. I love the scriptures. 

Also fun fact: yesterday my mom sent me a picture of our dog Buster and he was wearing the cutest little coat thing and he was so cute and I low-key started crying I’m not kidding 
I miss my dog ok 

Anyway, it has been a really great week! I really can’t remember what happened though. Thanksgiving was definitely the highlight! I gained ten pounds yayyyyy. Also we have started showing people the Light the World video for this year! WOOO LIGHT THE WORLD IS HAPPENING AGAIN GET PUMPED. We are having a kick-off event this Friday (December 1st) to kick off the 25 Days of lighting the world. It’s going to be soooo fun. Stay tuned! 

Speaking of Light the World, I am inviting you all right now to PARTICIPATE in the 25 ways in 25 Days! It starts this Friday, so start thinking about what you can do for each day in December! I know it will make your Christmas so much more meaningful and joyful, and you will make a difference in so many peoples lives. Go to Mormon.org for details. I AM SO EXCITED WOW CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST TIME TO BE A [MEMBER] MISSIONARY HERE WE GO 

GET READY WORLD HERE COME THE MORMONS 

it’s going to be “lit” if you will 

Anyway 

Oh btw we recently started teaching a woman who used to be the wife of a drug dealer! Good times. Not going to go into detail there. 

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon (what else is new) (what can I say, I’m a missionary), and how it NEEDS to be the keystone of our testimonies or everything else will crumble. It is the keystone of our religion, and if it is not the keystone of our testimonies then everything else will fall apart! Which is why we need to be reading it every single day. And it really is because it testifies of Jesus Christ! We NEED Christ, and we feel of his love and learn of his healing power from the scriptures. I love the example of Nephi, whose soul delights in the scriptures. He said, “For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them... my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.” (2 Nephi 4:15-16) 

I love how he says that his soul delights in the things of the Lord. Ask yourself this: does your soul delight in the things of the Lord? If not, I invite you to make the necessary changes in order to make that happen. I know I definitely need to work on that! Delighting in the The things of the Lord begins with praying and reading the scriptures. I just LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I know with all my heart that it comes from God and if testifies of Jesus Christ. Let’s do something fun, everyone go read a verse from the Book of Mormon right now! Go! 

Wasn’t that nice? Let your soul delight in the scriptures! And in fatness, as was mentioned in the beginning of this email. 

Alright I gotta go, but I love you all. Thank you for all your emails and pictures. Enjoy lighting the world this week! LOVE YOU! 


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 

Thanksgiving pics 
The emojis are for my sister Gracie ❤️ love you bam bam

A member gave us a bunch of clothes so we tried them all on











No comments:

Post a Comment