Sunday, December 10, 2017

Lighting the world one Walmart at a time ✌

HELLOOOOOOOO EVERYONE 
OH MY GOODNESS IT HAS BEEN AN AMAZING WEEK
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY 
ESPECIALLY AT CHRISTMASTIME
I LOVE LIGHT THE WORLD 
WOWOWOWOWOWOW seriously so many miracles this week 

So many amazing things have happened!!! Where to begin?? I’ll go through the days, and make sure you read ALL of them ESPECIALLY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY OK. MIRACLES HAVE NOT CEASED. 

Wednesday: I went on exchanges with Sister Hinckley again! And that day I actually woke up with a sore throat. I knew a cold was coming on. Exchanges were fun though, I looove Sister Hinckley! Also yes that means that Sister McNary and Sister Vest went on an exchange together. My two trainees went on an exchange! Hopefully they didn’t talk too much smack haha 

Thursday: I was sick with a cold/fever, so we basically stayed in all day. It was rough. I slept a lot, and I think Sister McNary got a little stir crazy so I felt bad. But we enjoy each other’s company a lot so when I was awake we still made the best of it. I loooove Sister McNary she is so funny, also we are so weird together and everything is hilarious. Seriously I just love her so much! 

Friday: THE LIGHT THE WORLD KICK-OFF ACTIVITY WAS ON FRIDAY WOOOOOOO it was sooooo much fun. And TONS of people came! We were surprised! We basically had a short devotional introducing what Light the World is and how to participate, sang some Christmas songs, and them afterwards we mingled and had a red backdrop for pictures. Our investigator Gabby came! And one of our favorite youth, KayleeAnn, brought tons of nonmember friends. It was awesome! We got a big group picture with all the youth in front of the red backdrop and it was soooo fun! Also we got a picture with the Truncale’s (Bishops family) WE LOVE THEM oh my goodness I LOVE love love this ward and all the people in it. This is a great area! 

Saturday: SATURDAY WAS SO FUN AHHHHHH I LOVE LIGHT THE WORLD! ok so for Day 2 of Light the World it is “I was thirsty and ye gave me drink”, so we decided to have a Light the World stand at Walmart where we gave out free hot chocolate and told people about Light the World and gave them calendars and stuff. So a few days before Saturday we called to make sure it was possible, and the manager we talked to said OF COURSE and to just talk to the manager on duty on Saturday. So on Saturday we went and talked to someone in charge who was suuuuper nice and he said we could definitely set up outside. So we had been there for about twenty minutes, and another manager came out and was like “you can’t be here, we don’t have a contract with you, you have to take this down, I’m sorry” type of thing, and we were like whaaaat nooooo and Sister McNary asked if we could speak to another manager since we were getting mixed messages. So the guy said he would go get a co manager and left, and then he miraculously NEVER CAME BACK. It was amazing, so we just stayed out there and everything was great! It was seriously soooo funnnn and soooo inspired that we were there, BECAUSE ANOTHER MIRACLE HAPPENED HERE WE GO ARE YOU READY:

MIRACLE
So! We were doing our free hot chocolate stand and it was going great, and a woman named Evelyn came up to us and we started talking to her. She said she recently moved in with her family (she is married and has two young kids ) and has been looking for a church to go to! So we told her what we do as missionaries and she was like “YES please come by, here’s my address and phone number” and so we set up a time to come back the NEXT DAY (Sunday). Which leads us to ⬇️

SUNDAY: so we go to have a lesson with Evelyn and SHE WAS THERE, YES THE LESSON DID NOT FALL THROUGH so we taught her the Restoration and she kept telling us how god has been leading her to this, and how the Mormons keep popping up in her life and how she loves how nice everyone is, and she kept saying how much light we had as missionaries and that we were glowing and that she wanted that for her and her family. So, we invited her to baptized in January and she said YES!!!  SHE IS AMAZING WOW IT WAS SUCH A MIRACLE, seriously god has been preparing her to receive missionaries for a while and it just all worked out so perfectly. GOD IS SO GOOD. 

So yes the week has been amazing. And I am just so pumped for Light the World. So my invitation to all of you this week is to BE KIND. That’s what Light the World is all about, being like Jesus Christ. At the end of the day, the important thing is how we treat other people. Pleeease just go out of your way to do nice things for people, participate in Light the World, turn outwards. It really will bring you soooo much joy! Follow the example of Jesus Christ. 

If you made it through this whole email, well done I am so proud of you. By the way, today we have a zone activity (sand volleyball woooo) and we are also going shopping in Palm Desert (out of the Zone) with a member, so I will be doing the rest of my email time later in the day. So you can expect to receive pictures and responses from me this afternoon! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! #LightTheWorld 


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 


























No comments:

Post a Comment