Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lighting the World on Black Friday

HELLOOOO EVERYONE
Okay I am so short on time today so I gotta be quick. First of all, love you all. Hope all is well.

Some things:
-apparently our investigator Lori's daughter is famous on YouTube?? Her named is Maureen. Someone look her up and tell me if she's famous.
-the Christmas video came out on Friday!!! If you haven't seen it, go to Mormon.org NOW and watch it! Let's #LightTheWorld this Christmas season with the 25 days of service!
-my resolve to eat less slash eat healthy went out the window on thanksgiving. I had SO much pumpkin pie. Amazing.

It's been a great week! It went by fast! Thanksgiving was good, the food was GREAT, but it was one of the harder days of the week. Probably because I'm usually with family so I was missing them, plus no one really wanted to talk to us because they were all with their families. I need to repent though, because obviously I have SO much to be grateful for, and I felt bad that I was getting discouraged that day.

The longer I'm here, the more I realize how much I was meant to be here, with these exact people, this exact mission president, in this exact area at this exact time! It's so true when people say "you're called to the people, not the place." The people are so cool here and I get along with them so well. We have so awesome investigators. I just know that I'm meant to be in this mission at this time, and everything that has led me up to this point happened for a reason, and there's a reason I'm here right now! It's so cool to know that.

Another thing, and listen carefully to this: one day, everyone will know the truth about this gospel. Everyone! And they will know whether or not you shared with them what you have. They will say, "you knew! All along! Why didn't you share it with me?" And this is why we MUST share this gospel with everyone we know, everyone we see, everyone we come in contact with. We have a responsibility to share this light with others! Having the gospel in our lives doesn't just make us "lucky", it makes us responsible for doing everything in our power to make it known to the world. I challenge all of you to use the Light the World initiative or do anything you can to bring the light of the gospel into someone else's life this week, in one way or another. This is the GREATEST work on planet earth, and God is letting us be a part of it! What a BLESSING! And what better message to share?? Let's go LIGHT THE WORLD!

I know the Savior lives, and he is the light of the world. I am so grateful for this Christmas season and the chance we have to become more like him.

I LOVE YOU ALL! Have an amazing week!!!

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org

These pictures were sent to me by a member where they were eating. Happy Thanksgiving to me!!!



Cutest dog ever at a members home.

LIGHT THE WORLD 

We found the sweetest dog on our morning run and gave her water. 

Holla Holla for the Spanish ward and always giving the sisters food. We walk in and were like "oh what? Food? Huh" and they're like "feed the hermanas!!!" It's amazing. 

Sister Peterson is super weird 

Thanksgiving car selfie with hair from junior high. Nice. 

We ate jolly rancherssss. Yes I still love candy. 

It's been rainy and coooold the past few days. Sweaters, scarves, and tights are my best friends.

At the car wash on p day wooooo! Yeahhhh another selfie. Also notice I'm wearing a scarf because it's cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment