Sunday, March 26, 2017

Not Even a Sacrifice

Do you know how hard it is to come up with a good subject line these days??? It's like an instagram caption, geez. I thought I was getting away from that, but no. (Missionary probs??) Anyways.

HI
HELLO

Okay hi where to begin?! I feel like I always say that. I can never remember what happens each week. But it has been a GREAT week! My goodness it's been great. Being a missionary is such a delight. I'm still getting to know the area and the members, but everything is going well and I am just loving Redlands.

We had dinner with a member named Sister Beall the other night and she is just the COOLEST. Her house is the cutest beachiest house, she has great taste. She is like 60 years old, but it seems like she is way younger! When she was younger she was on the BYU basketball and volleyball team, and she skateboarded, and she taught herself how to surf and still has a surfboard! I told her I'm coming back to visit her after my mission so she can teach me how to surf. Stoked for that. She is so cool. I feel like I have met so many cool people as a missionary!

ALSO we went to Crestline today (near Lake Arrowhead, you know the arrowhead water bottles?? That's in my mission. Supah cool) for our once-a-transfer excursion, and Sister Beall and Sister Simpson took us! It was SO FUN. It is up in the mountains and it was just so gorgeous I couldn't even handle it. I couldn't even believe I was still in California! That's what I love my mission, because it is so geologically diverse. We have the mountains, the desert, and adorable palm tree towns like Redlands. So cool.

I've really been trying to eat healthier lately because I'm realizing that what I eat not only affects me but also my future children. Processed foods cause things like ADD and cancer and all this stuff. I need to be more aware of what I'm putting in my body! Healthy eating, here we go!

Ohhhh also there is this thing in Redlands every Thursday night called Market Night, and it's like a street market where there are vendors selling produce, jewelry, clothes, stuff, etc., and it was SO FUN. There were so many people to talk to and we handed out tons of pass along cards! It was so much fun! We are hoping to set up a booth there one of these weeks. Like a Just Serve or Family History booth or something. Really cool vibes there. I just love events with a lot of people, so it was such a fun finding activity.

Something cool I realized this week is how much of a blessing it is to be on a mission. Everyone says that it's such a big sacrifice, but if you think about it, it's really not. Not even a little. I'm giving only 1.5 years of my life to the Lord, and in return, he gives me a LIFETIME of knowledge, experiences, friendships, and enduring conversion. It's not a sacrifice when we get back way more than we give. It's kind of like saying, "Here, I'll give you $10 right now if you don't go on a mission, but if you do go on a mission, I'll give you $100 every week for forever." Of course I'm going to choose the latter! It's not even a sacrifice to give up the $10! And thats how the Lord works! He is just so merciful and so ready to bless us if we let him. God just love us soooo much, everything he asks us to do is out of love. I invite you each to think of one thing you can do better on this week to allow Gods blessings in your life. I know you will be so much happier if you do!

Man. This gospel is the best. Isn't it?! I mean it's the reason we're all here on the earth, and we have the truth. How crazy is that?! It's the WHOLE reason we are here! And we know that! Let's go tell all our lost brothers and sisters! Who's pumped?? WOOOOO YEEESSSSSS

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH HAVE A GREAT WEEK SEND ME PICTURES OF YOUR LIVES OK BYEEEEE

Sister Carina Brown


Pictures of Redlands, and Market night, and Crestline, and hiking to
Heart Rock in Crestline. So fun!!!!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment