Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"perfection achieved"

HI

Subject line explanation: Sister Vest and I think we are funny and we do this "robot missionary" voice where we just pretend we are robots saying missionary things (yes its pretty weird) (we laugh at weird things as missionaries) and one time this past week we were standing on someones doorstep waiting for them to answer the door, quietly talking about something we did well, and then we both say in a robot missionary voice at the SAME TIME "perfection achieved." And it was SOOOO funny oh my goodness. Not planned. So no, I am definitely not perfect, but its great for a subject line yes??

What a great week its been! What a HOT week its been! Wow. Seriously it is going to over 100 degrees every day this week so that's really fun. I wish I was one of those girls who looks all glisteny (thats probably not a word) when she sweats, but let me tell you that is not the case. Its baaaaad. So we went out and bought some cooool clothing today so that we don't die. Sister Vest calls sweat marks in the armpits "arm tacos". Hahaha probably didn't need to include that here but it was funny, so. 

ANYWAYS

We found FIVE new investigators this week! Which is pretty good for us, especially in this area. It was very exciting. We had a lesson with a couple named Neil and Kim who live up in the hills (boujie). We found them through a street contact. They are actually planning on moving to Utah in a couple years because they love the Mormon values. Can you say PREPARED? Amazing. And guess who came to the lesson with us: THATS RIGHT, SISTER DIXON. And of course the lesson was just amazing. Sister Dixon is my role model for all things in life. You all know that, I rave about her enough haha. 

Also we went to market night this week and brought Sister Kuaea with us! It was fun and we talked to a lot of people, plus Sister Kuaea (pronounced Kuh-why-uh) is an awesome member missionary. We also talked to this person in this cool chocolate shop where they have chocolate from Guatemala!!! So cool. Downtown Redlands is so cute. I just want you all to go there okay. 

What else happened this week? Sister Vest and I have been laughing a lot so thats been great. 

Oh yeah I forgot to mention last week that Laura was confirmed! So that is great. We are hoping to get her to the temple in a couple weeks! So excited! 

Also we might be doing a family history booth thing at Market Night this thursday which would be SO FUN I love doing stuff like that. So stay tuned. Also yesterday we had dinner with a member who was on The Price is Right a few years ago. So cool! I am saying a lot of random things lately. 

I really love this area. There are just so many great things about it! Like Market Night, the Dixons, amazing members, prepared people, its not the desert so its only 100 degrees as opposed to 115. Perks. I'm hoping I stay here for one more transfer to finish training Sister Vest! She is so great by the way, she knows the gospel so well. 

Something that I have been focusing on a lot lately is having charity and turning outwards. And sometimes I get frustrated with myself because from my point of view it feels like I'm not changing or becoming more Christlike, and I really want to come home from my mission different than when I came out. But I know that change happens little by little. Line upon line, precept upon precept. So each day I have just been focusing on turning outwards more than I did the day before. I know its going to be hard for me to notice changes in myself because I'm with myself all the time (haha). I read a quote this week that said: "we need not worry if we can't simultaneously do all of the things that the Lord has counseled us to do. He has spoken of a time and a season for all things. In response to our sincere prayers for guidance, He will direct us in what should be emphasized at each phase of our life. We can learn, grow, and become like Him one CONSISTENT step at a time." All we need to do is be willing, and take consistent steps towards Heavenly Father! And over time, we will become who HE wants us to become. I know that as long as we stay worthy and remember Christ always, God will mold us into something we never thought was possible. How amazing is that?! We have so much potential as children of God! 

Okay well I hope you all have a great week. Also I'm going to send some missionary memes that Sister Vest and I have made this week haha. Idk why but thats been a thing in our companionship. Mostly I make memes of her face hahaha. Its great. Anyways, stay on the path and remember Christ ALWAYS!

Love you all!!!

Love, 
Sister Carina Brown

Me by my dream car: a white jeep

CRM health challenge meme 



A member gave us popsicles!

Guy who was in our peace video!


Only people who have seen the district will get this one haha



My shoe tan line is getting baaaaad









No comments:

Post a Comment