Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Baptisms are cool

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow what a great week! So much going on! Where to begin??

First of all, shoutout to my brother Cee Ryle for graduating high school (he is 12 years old??? Why is he graduating???) and happy bday to him TOMORROW! I think he is turning 13 but I will double check. They grow up so fast. Haha.

Okay really where to begin?

I am TRAINING!!! It is a very humbling experience. My new companion is Sister Vest! She is so sweet. She reminds me of a delicate flower haha. She's really smart and is already a great teacher so that is wonderful! We actually found a lot of prepared people last week so that was good. We are very similar in some ways which is nice. When I first met her on Wednesday, President Dixon told me that she told him that all she wanted was to work hard and be obedient and I was like omg me too amazing. Everything is going well.

Okay so LAURA GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AND HER HUSBAND TONGA BAPTIZED HER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a dream of a day. It really was great. At first it was kind of crazy because we didn't have keys to the font and we went through like three sets of elders to find the keys, plus some of the speakers were a little late to the baptism so that was stressful, but overall everything worked out and was amazing. Plus we all had STREET TACOS afterwards so it couldn't have ended any better. AND Sister Marstella came back for the baptism!!!!!!!! It was so good to see her!!!!!! She's an RM whaaaaaat! Love her. Youda best Sista M, take care of Kaysville for me.

One downside, Laura apparently got really sick after the baptism so her husband had to take her to the HOSPITAL, which means yesterday she wasn't able to be confirmed. I know, really awkward thing being baptized but not confirmed. We are still not sure how to go about that??? But everything will be fine. Just keep Laura in your prayers please! She should be okay, I don't think it's anything too serious.

So sorry but my motivation for writing a mass email today as at an all time low. Idk why that happens sometimes, because emailing you all is so great.

Tomorrow we have zone conference with Elder Wilson of the seventy, so of course that is going to be AMAZING, and oh yeah I'm singing in a trio at zone conference for a musical number!!! With Hermana Bowers and Sister Jamsa!!!! So I got to see sister Jamsa when we practiced and it was amazing. Love her so much. But yeah we are singing a rendition of Come Thou Fount and If You Could Hie to Kolob by a group called Elenyi (LOOK UP THE SONG RIGHT.NOW. IT IS BEAUTIFUL). I am soooo excited to sing, I've been hoping I would have an opportunity to share my talent in that way here! Hopefully it all goes well!

I am speaking in sacrament meeting next week on the topic of repentance, so that's been on my mind a lot lately. Repentance is something that should be a part of our EVERY DAY lives, not just on Sundays. We access the atonement of Jesus Christ through repentance, so if we are repenting every day, then we get to access the atonement every day! If we are only repenting once a week, then we are only accessing the atonement once a week. And that's not the way it was intended! I invite you each to access the atonement every day this week by implementing repentance into your every day lives. I can promise you that you will become more Christlike and feel great joy! I know that God wants us to feel joy in repenting.

Okay you're all amazing and I hope you have a week full of joy and ice cream. I have ice cream on my mind because we are going to get some salted caramel ice cream right after this, so. Anyways, LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org












No comments:

Post a Comment