Sunday, October 29, 2017

Happy Tuesday 🙂

Heyyyyyyyyy what’s upppppp everyoooooone 

My pday is on Tuesday this week because we had interviews with President Dixon yesterday! It was much needed, I always love talking with him because I learn so much and his advice is always so helpful and loving. Also we got to see Sister Dixon as well and that is alllllways a TREAT. 

I have been on an emotional roller coaster this week! A lot was happening and there were many different factors for said roller coaster, but I am emotionally stable now and everything is great. Emotional roller coasters happen on and off a mission, so it’s just life! It’s good, because it helps me to remember how much I really need to rely on the Lord. We NEED him in our lives! Sometimes I get prideful and think I can do everything on my own, and then I think “hmm probably a bad idea considering God literally created the universe and everything in it, he probably knows better than I do huh”. It’s just funny how often as humans we think we know better than God, when of course we don’t. So it’s just good to have reminders, even if it means that life gets tough. Everything always turns out okay! 

Oh my goodness funny things happened this week let me tell you about it:

Funny thing #1: we invited our investigator Carlinda to a Relief Society Activity on Thursday and she asked if she could bring a friend! So we said yes of course! So she walks in to the Relief Society Activity and it turns out that her friend was a MAN. WE BROUGHT A MAN TO THE RELIEF SOCIETY ACTIVITY. Way to go us, hahahaha it was so funny and we just didn’t think to ask if her friend was a man or a woman. He was pretty chill so it was all good. 

Funny thing #2: we accidentally double-booked ourselves for dinner one night, and the situation didn’t allow us to cancel on either dinner. So, we contemplated it for a while and decided to go to BOTH DINNER APPOINTMENTS. Yup, so we had one at 5 and one at 6. It was so funny, we were praying so hard that all the food would fit into our stomachs and it did! What a miracle. God takes care of us, even in trivial matters! Good stuff. 

Ohhh also we had Zone Conference this week! It was GREAT! I love Zone conferences. We talked all about social media and technology and I am just even more pumped about being an online proselyting mission! Also we found out that the Christmas initiative this year will be Light the World again! SO EXCITED. WE ARE GONNA GO BIG. GET READY. ITS GOING TO BE GOOD. 

I was reading in Alma 22 this week in the Book of Mormon, where Aaron is teaching the King about the Plan of Salvation. In verse 15, the King asks, “what shall I do that I may be born of God... and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy?”  So essentially he asking, “how do I have joy??” And Aaron is so awesome, he immediately gives him a clear answer in verse 16. He says, “if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.” 

So according to this Book of Mormon prophet, what can we do to receive joy?? REPENT! Change! Learn! Improve! Repentance IS the plan of happiness. It is a joyful thing. It’s that simple. Jesus Christ made it so that we can always improve and come closer to God. So make sure to use the atonement of Jesus Christ in your life by repenting daily. I invite you each to set goals and make plans on how you can implement repentance more into your daily life, and also I invite you to study Alma 22! I can promise you that as you read from the Book of Mormon and repent daily, you will feel JOY and you will come closer to your Savior. 

Listen, the gospel of Jesus Christ HAS been restored. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS Christ’s church. I know that with all my heart. Jesus Christ really truly lives, and he loves us. He loves YOU, and he knows you personally. Never forget that! God does have a plan! He has not left us alone! 

Okay I gotta go. Thank you for all the love and support and prayers I receive from each of you every week. Stay amazing. I love you all sooooo much! Have a GREAT week!!! 

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 








No comments:

Post a Comment