Sunday, October 22, 2017

Safe and Sound

HELLLOOOOOOO EVERYONE

Yup I am safe and sound in our new home share! We live with the SWEETEST elderly lady ever, Sister Trammell. I love her so much. It feels good to be finally settled.

It's been a great week! Btw I loooooooove Sister McNary she is so funny oh my goodness we laugh a lot and get along really well! Also she is a great teacher and I love that she is a recent convert because she knows exactly how our investigators feel and how they need to feel. Love it.

We went to Palm Springs today with the 29 Palms sisters! So fun!

Oh also on Tuesday, Bishop Truncale (WOW I LOVE BISHOP TRUNCALE AND HIS FAMILY, THEY ARE SO AWESOME) asked us to speak in Sacrament Meeting! So we did! We both spoke on sacrifice. I was really nervous leading up to it but then I got to the pulpit and I was like YEAHHHH LETS GO ALRIGHT OKAY LOVE THIS. I actually really enjoy speaking, it can be fun as long as I am prepared!

Oh this past week we had a ward party and two of our investigators came!!! Tanya and Carlinda. Tanya especially is awesome and really receptive and open, she has the cutest one year old daughter named Destiny. Also the ward party was a chili cook off, and us and the elders got to be the judges! We ate so much chili. SO MUCH. I was seriously so full afterwards because I also ate a ton of cornbread. Don't mind me, just gaining tons of weight over here, get ready to roll me off the plane when I get home.

Haha
Jkjk

Yes like I said, we spoke on sacrifice in sacrament meeting so that has been on my mind lately! I talked about the sacrifices that my parents have made for me and the sacrifice that the Savior has made for me. All so "that they might not suffer, if they would repent" (D&C 19;16). I also talked about the sacrifice of a mission, and how it's really not a sacrifice at all, it's an investment! God always gives us back so much more than we give (look up Matt 19:29). When it comes to the gospel, sacrifice is more just like intelligent giving. I invite you to all ponder on what you can sacrifice for the savior this week, and then act on what comes to mind! I know that your joy will increase, you will come closer to the Savior, and you will have a greater perspective on gods plan for us and why you are here. God loves us. Jesus Christ lives. This is HIS church.

There were lots of little miracles that happened this week but I don't have time to write about them. Just know that MIRACLES HAVE NOT CEASED.

Sorry this email was short, I am running out of time! Thank you all for emailing me and for sending pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful week! LOVE YOU!!!! 🌴


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org

Pictures with the 29 Palms sisters a couple weeks ago









Finding at the farmers market 





Yup we tried on onesies at target idk 



Dole whip in Palm Springs YUM 

No comments:

Post a Comment