Sunday, October 1, 2017

Miracles in the Mojave

HELLO!!!! 

It has been another exciting and eventful week in the mission field. There are so many things happening and I don't even know where to begin. 

Oh my goodness funny conversation that just went down like 30 seconds ago among the 29 Palms sisters as we are all emailing:

Sister Martin: how do you spell proselyting 
Sister Angelovich: yeah I never know how to spell that word and it's my literal job 
Me: *puts conversation in mass email without their knowledge*

HAHAHA
Anywayyyyyyyy

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS:

- TUESDAY: we found 2 new investigators!!!!!!!! I don't have time to write all about them, sorry. Will write more when we meet with them more. 

- WEDNESDAY: we went to REDLANDS for an STL training meeting on service and the JustServe app. It was held at the mission home and it was wonderful. If you don't have the JustServe app downloaded on your phone, download it now! Go find service opportunities in your area!

- FRIDAY: I went on exchanges with Sister Martin in 29 Palms! There is a marine base in that area which is SWEET. We had dinner with a young marine couple. Also in their area, they play volleyball every Friday with members and non members (a thing to invite investigators to), specifically Samoans (there is a Samoan branch in 29 Palms). So I got to play volleyball with Samoans! It was so fun, it's been too long since I've played volleyball. I found out Samoans are reeeally good at volleyball. 

- SATURDAY: General Women's Session of conference!!! It was soooo goooood! So much of it was exactly what I needed to hear. 

- ALSO SATURDAY: we found out that we are receiving 8 evacuated missionaries to our mission from Puerto Rico! They only came with the clothes on their backs, so Sister Dixon sent out a message to all the stake relief society presidents in the mission to tell them to collect clothing and other items from the wards and give it to the STLs in the area so we can get it to the new missionaries. The donations were awesome, ONLY MORMONS COULD PRODUCE THAT MUCH STUFF IN 24 HOURS 

SUNDAY: we went to the 29 Palms sisters apt and sorted through the donations we had received. We also slept over at their apt because of a Zone activity happening today! 

Which leads us to

TODAY! We had an awesome Zone activity and went to JOSHUA TREE NATIONAL PARK!!! Wowowowow it was so fun and so beautiful and the weather was so great, we were climbing on rocks and going into caves and it was a BLAST! Someone from the 29 Palms ward named Scott (he's a marine) led us through the park because he knows it really well and knows the fun and cool and secret places to go. I HAVE SO MANY PICTURES so get pumped. Seriously there are awesome things to do in the desert. 

Okay are we SO EXCITED for general conference this week???????????????? Wow I love Conference. I hope you all plan on taking the time to watch/listen to it this weekend. This is inspiration and revelation SPECIFICALLY for OUR DAY. We need revelation from the prophets!!! One thing I LOVED that was said in women's conference this past weekend was "the worth of a soul is its capacity to become like God." It changed my perspective on the way that I view others and the way I view myself. We all have so much worth, and our worth is measured by who we are and who we are becoming, not by what we look like or who we are in comparison to others. I invite you all to ponder on your true worth this week and allow that perspective to seep through to the way you view others as well. You will feel the confidence that comes from knowing that you are a child of God and that you have the potential to be like Him. 

I hope you all have a wonderful time watching conference and reading from the Book of Mormon and doing all the other things you do in life. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org 

PS we just found out that we are getting SMART PHONES NEXT WEEK so stay tuned 

I will probably not attach explanations to all these because it will take a while. 



























This is my fave Zone pic below 







No comments:

Post a Comment