Saturday, January 13, 2018

I am finally a spanish missionary!

HEYYYYYY HELLOOOOOOO 
It’s been another great week, I love this area, I love Sister Losee (wow yeah really though I loooooove Sister Losee she is an amazing person and so kind, it is so refreshing and relieving to be around her, she is so christlike and wonderful, it is a privilege to be her companion) and I love my mission!

Sorry for not responding to some of you who emailed me, we were bad on time management today so our email time is cut a little short unfortunately but! I love you all! And I read and greatly appreciate every email I receive, so thank you! 

Okay so that subject line was total clickbait. I am not officially a spanish missionary, BUT I did FINALLY go on exchanges to spanish land (that’s what we call the spanish areas, idk why)! It was so fun! My dream! I went with Hermana Caldwell, and her spanish is awesome. She was helping me out all day. She told me that if I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish every day, and speak Spanish more, then I WILL learn it! I’m telling you, Book of Mormon = POWER. So now I have a goal to read from the Book of Mormon in Spanish (out loud) every day. It’s going well so far! 

It was so neat because the Spanish I learned when I was younger was totally coming back to my memory, and I was able to understand a lot of what the people were saying, and speak it too! Hermana Caldwell says my Spanish is better than I think. She is so encouraging and helpful. We had a spanish Book of Mormon class that night, and we all took turns reading verses. When it got to my turn, the dialogue went something like this: 

Me: “no hablo mucho espanol, so... como se dice... pass?” 
Everyone in the class: “necesitas practicar” (or something) 
Me: “no no, hablo solo un poquito espanol”
Everyone: “read!” “You can do it!” “Yes read!” (All that was in espanol) 
Me: “okay okay solo uno versiculo” *reads one verse* “ok no mas”
Everyone: *oohs and ahhs* “otro mas! Otro mas!” 
Me: “ahhh ok” *reads again* 

It was good! My Spanish isn’t as bad as I thought! Everyone was soooo nice (oh my goodness seriously I love Hispanic people they are sooo nice and inviting non judgmental). Also there was an older woman from Guatemala there so we got to talk for a while! It was so great. I love spanish land. 

We are needing to do a lot of finding lately, so we made a solid finding plan this week! I am very excited about it. Also Brother Ricketson is getting baptized this Saturday! Yay! We will be busy preparing for that. Also zone conference is tomorrow! Yayyy I will get to see Sisters McNary, Hinckley, and Vest 

I was so sad to hear about the passing of our beloved prophet, Thomas S Monson. He was such an exemplary man and he will be greatly missed! I definitely cried when I heard the news. One of my favorite quotes from him is “never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.” There are people out there right now, even the people sitting right next to you, that need love! There is just no time to be unkind. Remember that quote this week as you interact with people, especially the people closest to you. Also remember that often times “the people that are hardest to love need love the most.” Love one another, as Jesus loves you! 

I hope you all have a fun week, send me pictures, read your scriptures, and love each other! LOVE YOU ALL! 


Sister Carina Brown 
California Redlands Mission 

P day 







Cards at night 



It’s alive I promise 


Exchanges and a member randomly bought us dinner 

No comments:

Post a Comment