Sunday, January 21, 2018

miracles at old navy & baptism!

HELLOOOOOOOO 

It has been another wonderful week! I love this area! Also today we went to Old Navy and I got two lovely dresses that were FIVE DOLLARS each! Miracle! Hence the first half of the subject line. There is a sister in our mission who calls small miracles “smiracles”, so I would say that finding two $5 dresses at old navy is a smiracle. 

Brother (Norman) Ricketson got baptized on Saturday! It was so great! That day was NON STOP. We had lessons all day and then the baptism was in the evening and then we had another lesson afterwards. I looove non stop days like that! They are so fun! I love teaching people the gospel and helping them to experience a change a heart through the Holy Ghost. 

Whoa this email is super short, I don’t really have much else to say................

Ok i thought of a funny story:

I lied, I didn’t even think of one. I thought that maybe if I typed out that I had a funny story then one would come to mind, but nothing came to mind. Sister Losee and I did laugh at a lot of random things this week though! We have fun! 

OH I thought of one:
The other day we talked to a super drunk guy named George (he introduced himself like five times to us) and he was saying how great it was that we were spreading gods word and he said “I feel, like, a numb sensation right now. Do you feel that?” And we were like uhhhhhhh we’re going to go nowwww.... it was pretty funny. 

Yesterday during sacrament meeting we were singing the hymn “How Great Thou Art” and I had a sweet experience as we sang the words “my burdens gladly bearing”. I felt the spirit witness to me that those words were true. I truly felt my Saviors love at that moment, and knew that He really did bear my burdens GLADLY. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought about how he not only bore MY burdens gladly, but he bore the burdens of everyone in the world, gladly. He did it because he has so much love for all of us individually. I know that Jesus Christ has carried and will continue to carry all of YOUR burdens, everything you have ever gone through and are going through. He knows you personally. He loves you. And he invites you to come unto Him and has promised that if you do, he will lift your burdens and help you to feel joy and gladness no matter what. I love my Savior! 

I hope you all have a great week. Stay close to the Lord and He will stay close to you. Also read the Book of Mormon every day. I love you ALL! And so does HE! Remember: don’t think about how inexperienced you are, but think about how experienced HE is. 


Sister Carina Brown 
California Redlands Mission 

Forgot to mention we had ZONE CONFERENCE on Tuesday and it was amazing! Moral of the story: President Dixon basically started the church in Pakistan. I will tell you the whole story when I get home!



Sister Losee as a child and she is adorable









Sisters day today 

No comments:

Post a Comment