Sunday, January 28, 2018

We went to the zoo today

HELLOOOOO 
How’s it going everyone 

Another week gone and past. Can you believe it? Seriously time goes by so fast. I think I say that a lot but it’s true. 

Yes we went to the ZOO today! It was so fun! We got lots of pictures. Probably the closest thing to Disneyland that I’ll get on my mission so it was great. We went with four other sisters and it was a lot of fun! #pants 

I realized that I am not super detailed in my mass emails?? Like some people do a day by day play by play thing, but I just write about all this random stuff. I mean do you remember that time I wrote about dreaming about Justin Bieber? Like what was that about? So I’m going to try to be a little more detailed. With the important things. Just a little.

First of all, we have a lot of awesome service opportunities in this zone which is great! We do service at this place called Coachella Valley Rescue Mission (CVRM) (yes Coachella is in my Zone) where we help with making/serving food to the homeless which is cool. We also serve at this church called St. Margaret’s which is pretty fun! Everyone is very respectful of us and loves to have us there. 

FUNNY STORY: 
So we were serving at the CVRM the other day, and this guy named Wayne always comes and talks to us and he is SO FUNNY. He is an african American preacher of sorts (he always gives us these mini sermons and it is so great), and the other day we walk in and he goes “my sisters in Christ, what’s up?” It was great. Later, we were putting cookies on trays and he comes up to us and starts talking about his past, and how he used to be in prison but now he is different. His exact words were: 
“I used to be a womanizer, like come ‘ere girl lemme holla atchu. But not anymore. Now, I love JESUS.”  Oh my goodness seriously it was sooooo funnyyyyyyyy he is hilarious. We so appreciate his faith. He later proceeded to show us his tattoos of the “trinity” and “WWJD.” 

We started teaching a 17 year old guy named Marius this week! He is a German exchange student living with a member family, the Petersons. So he already has built-in fellowshippers! So perfect. We had a good first lesson where we taught the Restoration and he had a lot of great questions and understood most everything we taught. We are excited for him! Members are the key! 

Something that has been on my mind lately is the scripture D&C 88:40, where it says “light cleaveth unto light.” I feel that on my mission I have received a lot of light, and the more light I receive the more light I want, therefore, the more light I seek. The light is that I have been realizing lately how omniscient and omnipotent God is, and how much we really need to trust in Him. How could we NOT trust in an all-loving and all-knowing being? When we come to the knowledge of the majesty of our Heavenly Father, it becomes so much easier to trust in Him. I invite you all to look around you this week and recognize Gods creations. Recognize that there is so much more than just this earth and just this life, and in turn, put your trust in God a little more this week! I know that God loves us soooo much, and his goal is our eternal happiness. Trust in Him. He absolutely knows what he is doing. 

Okay well I hope you all have a great week. Thank you for your heartfelt emails and for all the love and support you give! Keep being disciples of Christ and keep reading the Book of Mormon every day. Love you all SO much! 


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 

























No comments:

Post a Comment