Sunday, February 11, 2018

blessed

HELLO EVERYONE 
It has been a great week! I looooove this area and I loooove Sister Losee, I am praying she does not get transferred next week!  We will see. We honestly have the ideal companionship, she is so non-contentious and it is so refreshing. I love herrrrrrr. 

We have a Book of Mormon class every Wednesday night so that is fun! Marius (German exchange student investigator) always comes and other random members do too. We teach the class and read from a chapter in the BOM every week. 

OH YEAH ok I keep forgetting to mention Sister Griffin, she is a recent convert and she is awesome. She always feeds us dinner when we don’t have a dinner appt, and she feeds us lunch sometimes too. We just love her so much. She always gives us sweets too (I don’t eat them though don’t worry) (only sometimes if I really want to). She is in her 60s and her husband is a non-member and he is great too. Last Monday she took us to Red Robin and I got a SUPER messy burger, so she took a picture of me because I was making a huge mess. It is QUALITY. Anyway, I just had to mention her because she is amazing. 

Right now we have eight sisters in our apt! We are all hanging out and emailing and eating popcorn that I made. Let the good times roll. #pday 

OH, MIRACLE yesterday! We got a referral a few days ago for a girl named Bella (early 20s), so the other day we went to contact her but we only met her mom. Who was super nice by the way. But yesterday we went to go contact her and she was there! She let us in and was very kind. We asked if she had a minute for us to share a message and she said she did! We taught the Restoration and she really liked it. At the end we invited her to pray, and in her prayer she said, “let me add to my faith, if that is at all possible.” It was so sweet! Definitely a miracle! 

A scripture that has been on my mind lately is a scripture that is constantly shared by apostles and prophets and church leaders. It is D&C 84:88, and it says:
 “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”
As I read this scripture I was pondering on why our church leaders always share it. And I think it is because they truly understand and see the meaning of it. This scripture is not some metaphorical idea. It is TRUTH. When we serve the Lord, he goes with us. Not just in our minds, but he is literally there with us. And so are his angels. They are all around us, I know it! God has not left us here alone. He has promised that when we follow him, he will help us, and he will bear us up. I know that life can be really difficult, but god is always with us. He wants to help you, all you have to do is turn to him. I invite you all to keep this scripture in mind this week as you go through difficult things and continue to endure to the end. He is there. He loves you. And he WILL bear you up. 

Ok I hope you all have a wonderful week, stay tuned to see what happens with transfers next week! LOVE YOU ALL! 


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 










Red Robin with Sister Griffin



No comments:

Post a Comment