Sunday, February 18, 2018

Tour de Palm Springs 🌴🚲🌴

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYONE what’s up 

It has been another wonderful week! And another busy week! So much has happened! 

OH MY GOODNESS IT IS VALENTINES DAY ON WEDNESDAY I forgot 
Remember to love each other ok 

Also I just realized that today is my 16 month mark on a mission  #scary 

Transfers were on Wednesday and I got my new companion! Her name is Sister Tomisin and she is a FIREBALL. I love her so much already, she is so outgoing and hilarious and we have already laughed a ton. She is a strong missionary and loooves being here, she has no homesickness right now and is doing well! I am really impressed with her. You would never tell that she is a new missionary. She is from Ogden, Utah! I think it’s good that she is very emotionally solid because she will probably be the one to send me home! 

On Thursday we had MLC, so I drove up to Highland with Sister Hinckley since we are the STLs. We had so much fun together that day too, I love her so much! Also it was a very revelatory meeting and just confirmed my love of being a missionary. One elder bore his testimony very sincerely and I started crying, seriously I cry a lot in big missionary meetings lately because I just know I’m going to miss this so much when it’s over. Plus when the Dixon’s are around it’s hard not to cry because I just love them so much. 

On Saturday we volunteered for the bike race Tour de Palm Springs! It was so much fun! We basically handed out water to all the bikers at the finish line in downtown Palm Springs, for almost 4 Hours. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we talked to a lot of people so it was great! I have lots of pictures of that day. 

I came across a scripture yesterday that I loved. It is Alma 5:12 and it says, “And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart.” Simple and so profound! Mighty changes are wrought by small amounts of faith over extended periods of time. Faith is built on REVELATION, so if you want to increase your faith then you need to invite revelation into your life. How do you invite revelation? Consistent prayer, scripture study, worshiping at church, serving others, family history research, etc etc. I invite you all to pick one of those things you can improve on this week, and set goals and make plans to be better. I know it will invite revelation into your life, which will increase your faith in Jesus Christ, which will bring a mighty change in your heart, and in turn will bring you JOY! God wants us to be happy, and he has given us the tools to do so. 

Have a lovely Valentine’s Day this week and remember that life is always good when you LOVE. Love you all!!!


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 

Movie night pics












Tour de Palm Springs






Seriously she is so cute and trendy, my wardrobe needs an update in think 





We tried to take jumping pics in the bathroom idk 



No comments:

Post a Comment