Monday, April 2, 2018

Agency: pros and cons

HEYYYYYY EVERYONE 

ANOTHER WEEK GONE AND PAST 
TIME HAS DONE IT AGAIN, JUST FLYING BY 
Seriously this week lasted about five minutes. How can my mission be ending so soon??  help. Maybe I should extend?? 

It’s been fun p-day, this morning we got up and went on a hike called the Bump and Grind (haha) and then we just stayed out for the rest of the day and did some shopping in the area we were in. We walked the fancy streets of El Paseo (similar to Rodeo Drive) in our hiking clothes and got some fun pictures! We also got Açaí bowls and they were delicious. Very healthy. 

On Friday we met with three of our main investigators! All in one day! We had a great lesson with Marius, and we went into the lesson hoping to put him on date for baptism because he is soooo ready. The only problem is he doesn’t see is ready! And he was saying he might want to wait until he goes back to Germany to get baptized  we were pretty sad after that lesson and definitely got ice cream at cold stone afterwards (during our dinner hour) because we needed it. It’s hard when people have their own agency and sometimes you just have to patient and let them learn for themselves. Hence the subject line. It is hard to let other people use their agency sometimes. We’ve basically done all we can do with Marius to help him, so now prayers in his direction would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

Conversation that just went down between Sister Tomisin and I: 
Me: “hey did anything funny happen this week”
Her: “well basically I’m literally the funniest person alive so nothing is not funny with me” 
Me: “cool thanks”
Me: *includes conversation in mass email* 

OH also on Wednesday we did some awesome service! It was at a place called Pegasus Riding Academy and we basically helped kids with special needs ride horses and supervised them while they did it. It was sooo fun! Seriously those kids are the sweetest and it was such a unique and heart-warming opportunity to serve. 

Wow is this email shorter than normal or what 

Recently I read a talk called “Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence” by Elder Klebingat from the October 2014 general Conference. There was a great quote in there that said: 
Establish an attitude of ongoing, happy, joyful repentance by making it your lifestyle of choice. In doing so, beware of the temptation to procrastinate, and don’t expect the world to cheer you on. Keeping your eyes on the Savior, care more about what He thinks of you, and let the consequences follow.” 
I love that he says “don’t expect the world to cheer you on.” Daily repentance and living the gospel of Jesus Christ is rarely going to be popular in the worlds eyes. The world is hardly ever going to cheer us on when we are following Christ and doing what He has taught. I think it is important to expect that, because so often I look for the worlds approval in so many aspects of my life. Lately I have been caring more about what the Savior thinks of me, and it has brought me so much more peace and contentment. It doesn’t mean that I please everyone, but God is the only one that really matters. Remember that, and I invite each of you to keep that in mind this week as you examine your motives and strive to follow the Savior. He will ALWAYS cheer us on when we are following him! He loves us so much more than we can ever comprehend. 

Okay I hope you all have a loooovely week and a wonderful Easter (whoa I haven’t even talked about Easter in those whole email, so sorry) and a wonderful GENERAL CONFERENCE  I am soooooooooooooooooo excited and you all better be watching every session. Ok??? THEEE prophet of god on the earth today is going to tell us exactly what god wants us to know in our day and age. I can’t wait! Remember that Jesus Christ is risen and and he LIVES today. I love you all SO MUCH! 


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 
carina.brown@myldsmail.net



Our district


Dinner with the Thomas’s 

The grams 


Watercolor by sis Dixon 

Hiking 




Cool wall idk what I’m doing in this photo 







No comments:

Post a Comment