Sunday, April 8, 2018

EXTENDING MY MISSION

SOOO HEYYYYYY EVERYONE
BIG NEWS

First of all can we please talk about AMAZING general Conference was and how WE ARE GETTING A TEMPLE IN LAYTON UTAH?!?!?!!! WOW I am so excited. I was praying for a Kaysville temple but hey I’ll take a Layton one any day

Also ok so I just barely talked to Pres Dixon on the phone and he said it was OK FOR ME TO EXTEND MY MISSIONNNNNNNN!!! he said I could only extend it by a month so I will now be coming home JUNE 1ST! AHHHH WHAT A BLESSING I am so happy to be able to serve the Lord full time for a little longer

Anyway so this week was great, also APRIL FOOLS I’m not extending my mission, that subject line was total clickbait so hopefully I fooled you even if it was just for a second or two I love my mission but I will still be coming home at the same time! 

Also I now have very little time to finish this email because I just found out I got accepted to be a UVU ambassador!! I have not decided yet if I will accept it or not but I will keep you all updated. 

It really has been a great week, we found two new SOLID investigators on Friday named Destiny and Donovan! They are awesome and are friends with people in the other ward. #membersarethekey

We had dinner with the Griffins about FOUR times this week haha, they are the real MVPs for feeding us all the time when we don’t have dinners! We had Easter dinner with them yesterday and it was great! 

Also on Saturday we had dinner with some less actives who are so kind. We went to get poke bowls (delicious, I am obsessed) and it was great. He recently had a close family member pass away and shared some things with us that are close to his heart which was so nice. They are just awesome people! And they said they are going to Hawaii in October and that I could come if I want 

This week is going to be GOOD, Sister Tomisins bday is on Wednesday and also we have zone conference on Friday! I’m excited! Also the Griffins are taking us to the Palm Springs tram today! 

I loved what President Nelson said during conference about receiving personal revelation. I would like to invite you all to do what he invited us all to do, and that is to increase your ability to receive personal revelation. I know it was God who inspired him to tell us that and I know that President Nelson is a true prophet of God. I felt that confirming witness over and over as I watched the four wonderful sessions of general Conference this weekend. The gospel truly HAS been restored! What an exciting time of be on the earth! 

Ok so this email was kind of all over the place, there was more that I wanted to talk about but I just don’t have time so just know it was another great week, and I’m going to make the most of my last month as a full time missionary. Love you ALL! Have a revelatory week!


Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org



Poke bowls 






Easter basket from Sis Griffin 





No comments:

Post a Comment