Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Results Are In

So.
Sister Peterson is getting transferred.
We are so sad. For some reason I felt like we would both stay! But I am staying in the Oleander Ward, and she is going to Shadow Hills (apparently it's the richest area in the mission) for her last transfer. We found out last night and it was so sad! We both cried. So depressing. Our companionship study this morning was mostly us crying. Haha. Leaving her may be the hardest part of my mission so far! I mean we have literally been together 24/7 for three months straight. Ahhhhh. I feel like I'm going through a really sad breakup where you want to be together but you can't. So it's just really sad. Please send prayers of comfort our way! I have a feeling the tears are gonna keep coming.

This weeks highlights:

- I went to Urgent Care on Thursday! Yeah. I was feeling extremely dizzy in the morning, so we called the mission nurse and she told us to go to Urgent Care immediately! So we did. They thought it was anemia, but it just turns out that I have an infection. I'm on antibiotics now so it's all good. But! Everything happens for a reason, because sister Peterson was talking to a lady next to us named Lucy in the waiting room, and we set up a return appt with her! She actually seems really prepared! How cool is that?! Missions. ❤️ 
- We found tennis rackets and tennis balls in our apartment and there are tennis courts riiiight next to where we live, so we have been playing tennis for our exercise in the morning! I never realized how much fun it could be, and with two people it is a GREAT workout! Looove it.
- It has been raining SOOOO much here. And this is very unusual for California! I've been told that this is the most rain they've received in almost 8 years. Crazy! Some streets were pretty flooded which was cool. I'll send a video about it. It was almost like we were driving in a river!
- This morning we had breakfast with the Tongan sisters, Sisters Brindley and Hess (who are suuuper cool sisters by the way! It was so fun to hang out with them. We had such a great time) at a cute diner place called Red Hill on foothill blvd (Route 66). They had MASSIVE pancakes. It is out of our area and we had never been there before. So we are sitting there waiting for the Tongan sisters to get there and we look out the window and see this guy named Emmanuel (he is from Nigeria) walking on the sidewalk, and we had run into him three times before in REALLY random places. The first time we gave him a Book of Mormon. We knew it was no coincidence that we saw him again, so of course we ran outside and basically chased him down he street. When he turned around and saw us he had the most puzzled look on his face, it was so funny. We said to him (out of breath from running after him), "we know it's no coincidence that we keep running into you!" And he said, "yeah, I'm starting to feel that too!" It was cool! So we got more of his information, and he said he has been reading the BOM! We were so excited. He is not in our area so we have to refer him to other missionaries, but I just know he is SO prepared, and God has some great things in store for him, that's for sure! So crazy! 
- One more thing, there is a girl named Lexi Erickson who worked at Shirley's with me a while back, and she is serving in my mission! I already knew this, I mean I went to her farewell, but the crazy thing is, she is going home this week!!! Is that not crazy?! It feels like I just barely went to her farewell. Time FLIES!

Well, that was my week! I hope you are all doing well! Transfers this week are going to be wild, I'm not really sure what to expect. My new companion will be Sister Jamsa. Isn't that a cool last name?? I bet she's cool.

Also, there is going to be a Missionary Broadcast this week, and apparently there is going to be some sort of change to the missionary schedule! Ah! Stay tuned to find out more! I'm sure it will be all over social media though or something, so. We will all find out one way or another.

With Sister Peterson getting transferred, all that has been on my mind is that the Lord has a plan.  He knows EVERYTHING, which is a really hard concept to grasp, but all things are done in His wisdom, and he knows what is best for me and for all of us! Remember that everything he does is because he loves us so so so so so so so much. It's all out of love! So trust in Him, even though it may be difficult sometimes. I know he has a specific plan for each and every one of you, so trust in Him and enjoy the ride! Everything will work out! Because Christ lives! And he is going to come again, soon! Exciting!

I love you all so so much! Have an amazing week!!!

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org

P.S. I keep hearing that people don't know what to write missionaries. I always thought I had to respond to what was in their mass emails and since I didn't really read their mass emails I never knew what to say. But we just want to hear about your life! Give us an update! Send us some pictures! It doesn't have to be some amazing spiritual experience either, though that is awesome. Just some simple things that are going on in your life. It's just nice to hear from people! (I'm talking to you Cee Ryle. šŸ˜‰ Publicly humiliating my brother in my mass email because he hasn't written me yet. Hahaha) Love you all! šŸ˜„

This one is for you Kailee!

Me being translated and Sister Peterson being mad because she is not getting translated. Hahaha.

Exchanges with Sister Marker!

Me in urgent care. 

Wooo yay for members getting us each our own pizza and browniessss

Cute selfie

Emmanuel! The guy we chased down! So cool! 

Huge pancakes 

Breakfast! (Zildy, that is sister Hess! She is the coolest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment