Sunday, April 23, 2017

Holy Week, Sick Week

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!

It was so nice this past week to celebrate our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all had the chance to grow closer to him this past week!

Also, I'm still sick. It's been rough. It's kind of frustrating being sick on a mission because I affect so many more people than just myself, and I feel like I'm wasting time even though I know I need to rest. I have a cold (and maybe some sort of viral/bacterial infection??????) and its worse than other colds I've had, because I've been feeling very dizzy and tired and I've had to rest a lot. I just feel bad for Sister Marstella because there's not much she can do while I rest haha. She can't be on her iPad because have to be able to see each other's screens (which isn't possible while I'm sleeping), so she has mostly been cleaning and studying. Luckily she's been very understanding and helpful, so that's good.

Anyways, this week wasn't super eventful because i have mostly been sleeping. But! We actually did have a lot of lessons this week so that was great! Also we went to market night for the last time Thursday to do more filming!

Oh yeah, Thursday was a really good day. In the morning I was mostly resting because I didn't feel well, but then we went to do service for an Easter thing (I know, so descriptive. Sorry I'm sick and I can't think right now haha) and at the end they had all the volunteers (mostly missionaries) do a three legged race! It was amazing! And then
later that night we went to market night for the last time, and had a poster with #PrinceOfPeace on it so people could take a picture with it and post it on social media! Super cool. It was a lot of fun.

Wow, is this the lamest email ever??? So sorry. I have a TON of pictures so that will make up for it.

OH YEAH TRANSFERS

Soooooooo I'm staying in the Smiley Ward! As expected. Buuuuut more fun news: I'm going to be a Sister Training Leader! Woo! Crazy. Really crazy. Haha this transfer will definitely produce a lot of growth for me, I can feel it! Sister Marstella and I will be STLs together, and I will be sending her home at the end of this transfer! Good things to come!

So last week we had Elder Echohawk from the seventy come to speak to us at stake Conference! It was cool because he told us a story about President Nelson, who made a goal to read ALL OF THE STANDARD WORKS IN THIRTY DAYS. THIRTY. DAYS. THE STANDARD WORKS. That means Old Testament, New Testament, The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants. And he did it!!! Is that crazy or what?! He is an apostle! Do you know how busy he is??? So basically none of us have any excuse ever when it comes to making time for the scriptures. I might challenge some of you to reading the BOM in a certain amount of days (cough cough, parents), so stay tuned.

Since it was Easter this week I thought I would include my testimony of the LIVING Christ. Listen, he really lives. He is a reality. Something dead would not be able to heal, strengthen, comfort, and uplift us. He is the living son of the living God, the Savior of the World, and I know he will come again, and soon. I invite each of you to evaluate your testimony of the Savior this week and do whatever you feel is necessary to come closer to Him. He IS the Prince of Peace, and he DOES live!

Hey have an AMAZING week everyone, I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission
Discover.mormon.org















No comments:

Post a Comment