Monday, April 24, 2017

my weekly email

Is that the most creative subject line ever or what?! I know, I'm slacking. 

Anyways HEYYYYYYYY EVERYONE 

Okay so usually I'll think about what I want to put in my mass email throughout the week but I literally have thought of nothing this week so this email will be interesting. I mean stuff has happened of course but I just can't remember it. Bad memory. 

I am currently eating chocolate covered pretzels, so eating healthy is going really well for me. 

Also once upon a time I thought of going vegetarian but then my parents sent me beef jerky in an Easter package and I was like wow nevereverevereverever could I go vegetarian. I love beef jerky. And my parents.

Also shoutout to Sister Peterson (and she goes by Taryn now??? Idk) who I am now in contact with and I found out she now wears pants and hugs men. You go girl. RM life. 

Literally what is this email so far

Anyways MISSIONARY WORK! It's been a great week!!! We've been pretty busy so that's good. We've also been doing a lot of finding through walking and that's actually been nice! We have been talking to a lot of people! 

ALSO we found out that a two minute version of the video is done! Our film guy is also creating a ten minute version too, but unfortunately he is still in high school (yes, he is only 17, in high school, has his own production company, and makes sixty grand a year by working on commercials, plus he is currently being watched by warner bros studios it's fine) and he is taking AP tests right now (so he's also smart ok cool what the heck) so he hasn't gotten back to us on the status of the video. I will keep you all posted though and hopefully I will have a link to send out next week! Ahhh so exciting!!! 

So this week I read a talk called "Jesus: the Perfect Leader" by Spencer w. Kimball (which btw LOOK IT UP ITS AMAZING it's not a conference talk but you all have access to google so I'm sure you can find it) and he talks about how "all the ennobling, perfect, and beautiful qualities of maturity, of strength, and of courage are found in this one person." His life needs to be our pattern of living. I've recently been trying really hard to become more Christlike and this talk gave me tons of new insights on who the Savior really was. I really liked something he said: "Jesus saw sin as wrong but also was able to see sin as springing from deep and unmet needs on the part of the sinner. This permitted him to condemn the sin without condemning the individual." 
I love love looove that quote because it really gave me a new perspective on the Saviors understanding and love for people. He was willing and ready to look deep enough into the lives of others to see the basic causes for their shortcomings. And that's something that I really want to work on! I think if we all try to understand people a little better and look deeper into why they do the things they do, then maybe we won't be so quick to judge or criticize or ridicule. I invite you each to keep that in mind this week when you feel yourself getting angry or frustrated at something or someone. Remember the savior and remember to LOVE as he did! I know you will be happier and more at peace if you do. 

Okay I hope you all have a great week! Congrats for getting through his crazy email you're all troopers 

LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission 

OH MY GOODNESS I COMPLETELY forgot to mention that we did a temple tour this weekend for some achievement day girls from Lake Arrowhead!!! It was so fun!!! Here are pictures. Also it was  96 degrees that day and yes I melted. 













No comments:

Post a Comment