Sunday, April 16, 2017

Six months of missioning

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Ok literally transfers are next week. NEXT WEEK. Did that fly by or WHAT?! This transfer has gone by so fast it's insane. I'm like 99% positive that I'm staying here in Smiley with Sister Marstella, so I'm not too anxious this time haha.

Also, shoutout to my bff Blair who's BIRTHDAY is this Wednesday April 12th, which also happens to be my 6 month mark in the mission!!! Okay, crazy. I still feel like a new missionary haha. And it's weird to think that there's only two more of those 6 months and that's it!!! Ah! It's going by too fast, it's scaring me. I'm so glad I still have a whole year left of being on a mission! Such a delightful time of life! Woo!

It has been a great week!!! I also just realized that I almost never talk about the people we are teaching. Oops. Here are a couple people who are on the path to baptism:

Laura Vite: she is AWESOME. She's married to a less active member named Tonga and they have four (?) kids. They are both low key Tongan, and they are the coolest. We are teaching both Laura and Tonga because she wants him to get worthy to baptize her! So cute! Laura is on date to get baptized on May 13th. So stoked for that!

Stacy Halloway: she is also AWESOME. She is in her 50s but she has a lot of health problems so she is currently in an assisted living center. She knows it's all true and wants to get baptized, we just have to wait for her to regain her strength before that can happen! She is so sweet.

On Wednesday Sister Murray and I went on an exchange, and we went to a part member family in the ward named the Biberstons (elderly couple) (husband is a member, wife is not) (except apparently she knows it's all true) (she'll get baptized eventually, it will just take time), and Sister Murray mentioned that she majored in Vocal Performance before her mission, and I mentioned that I like singing too. Brother 
Biberstons eyes lit up and he was all, "I have a karaoke machine! You have to see it!" So he showed us his karaoke machine and we sang "how great thou art" and "amazing grace"! It was cool! I'll send a video. We also showed them the new Ask of God video and they loved it!

Ohhh on Saturday we did some more filming in downtown Redlands for the peace project! Once again, it was so fun! The mountain view Sisters came with us this time and we all talked to a bunch of people and interviewed quite a few people on camera about peace! It was amazing! I'll send pictures. We are going to market night again this week so that will be a blast.

Also, I'm sick. Again. I have a cold. It's fine though.

We had stake Conference this past weekend, and the Book of Mormon was emphasized so much! It got me so motivated to read the BOM in all my 
spare time: during breakfast, at lunch, at night before bed. I've decided to read it through this time through the eyes and perspective of Joseph Smith: so reading it as if I am discovering this new record of sacred scripture for the first time. There is SO much power in the Book of Mormon. I have seen a HUGE difference in the lives of our investigators who are consistently reading it and those who aren't. It truly testifies of Christ, and when we read Christ's words, we invite Christ's power into our lives: the power to bring peace, to heal, to strengthen. I invite you all to make reading the Book of Mormon a PRIORITY every day, and consider personally if you need to change the quantity or quality of how you read it. You WILL notice a difference in your life, I can promise you that as a representative of Jesus Christ!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and a happy Easter aaaand oh my goodness I just realized Easter is this week and I haven't mentioned that in this email until now cool. Anyways, happy Easter everyone! Have fun celebrating the Savior and the fact that he LIVES!

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL

Sister Carina Brown
California Redlands Mission

The district! 

Unhealthy weekly planning snacks.

I told you I've gained weight 


So cuuuute 

Film crew! 

Sick


No comments:

Post a Comment