Tuesday, May 9, 2017

HASHTAG MIRACLES

Okay WOW what a week!!! Or I guess it was like five days since I last emailed. 

OUR PEACE VIDEO IS FINISHED!!!!! We are just absolutely in love with it. I feel the spirit every time I watch it. It turned out better than we ever expected, it is just a miracle. Sister Dixon posted it on our mission FB page and some other pages, and apparently it already has like 10,000 views on social media??? She has been keeping us posted haha. And this is only the shorter version! The long version is still on its way! We are just blown away by the success of this video, we never expected this! We are excited to plan an event where we can invite back all the people who were in the video and use it as a missionary opportunity! SO STOKED! Really though, we can't take any credit for this video. It all came because of God and we plan to use it for His purposes. What a miracle! 

This past week we went to the Mayors Prayer Breakfast! The Dixons invited the Zone Leaders and STL's to go to represent the mission. It was so neat to be able to mingle with people of other faiths and unite with the common purpose of loving God. There are so many churches here in the Redlands community and it has been really cool to get a taste of other religions, because that's something I've never experience before! There is so much good in other churches! In Sister Dixon's words, as a religion, "We do claim all truth, but we don't claim all good." The Dixons mentioned that we should show our peace video at next year's Prayer Breakfast. I'm definitely visiting the mission when that happens! 

We also had MLC on Thursday as well! It was so amazing!!! So much inspiration, what a blessing it was to be a part of that meeting. They showed our peace video and everyone loved it! Also Sister Marstella gave her departing testimony and it made me cry. Sister Marstella is so amazing! It made me think of the time when I will go home and I am just so not ready for that. I'm so grateful that I still have a year on my mission! 

Speaking of going home, my sister SIDNEY goes home from her mission in Mesa, Arizona TOMORROW!!! Crazy, I can't even believe it. I just had to mention that. 

We also did service on Saturday at this HUGE mansion, it was awesome. There are just some beautiful homes here in Redlands. Such a great community. I love my mission! 

I came across a quote by Joseph Smith in my studies this week, and it talks about how once you know the truth, you leave neutral ground and can never go back. "Before you joined this Church you stood on neutral ground. When the gospel was preached, good and evil were set before you. You could choose either or neither. There were two opposite masters inviting you to serve them. When you joined this Church you enlisted to serve God. When you did that you left the neutral ground, and you never can get back on to it. Should you forsake the Master you enlisted to serve, it will be by the instigation of the evil one, and you will follow his dictation and be his servant"
Those of us who know the truth are no longer on neutral ground! I invite each one of you to strengthen your faith in Christ this week and to figure out who you want to serve. God has already won! Now it's up to you to make the choice. I know that any time you choose to serve god, you are making the right choice. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I am sending the peace video, so please post it or share it on your social media pages if possible! Have an amazing week! Send me pictures of things!!!

Sister Carina Brown 
California Redlands Mission 











No comments:

Post a Comment